Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Spring is in the Air

Spring is right around the corner...some plants have even started to burst into flower, which as a plant scientist I think is pretty f**ked up, January is far too early for that sort of thing - get back to your senescent state.

But botany aside, with a new season comes a new fashion - shrug of the old, drab thick winter ankle length blacks, greys and navys and enter into the vibrant shapes and hues of spring - we're talking candy carnation couture here.

This is my favourite season - the weather dictates that hemlines aren't so short you have to bear all yet the colours are like a botanic garden in bloom (forever a botanist!) and bring some light into what seems like an eternal winter.

And I know what you are all dying to know...what will I be wearing to celebrate this season's sweet return to life?

Peplums:

Not only is it a great way to accentuate your waist but it's such a cute word (I plums).

Ermanno Scervino

Ermanno Scervino

Moving on to the next point - colours:

Pistachio:

Now, Lady Gaga mentions mint green being the colour of next season - I beg to differ...well I don't beg - she's just misinformed - it's pistachio.  I love all the pastels - pink, apricot, peach, lilac, lavender, lemon yellow, sky blue - but I am slightly obsessed with pistache. 
Versace S/S 2012
ASOS Collection
And onto shoes:

Mules are back in...but with a twist.  I'm loving the KG*Kurt Geiger metallic toe-capped version and Miu Miu mules are phenomenal.  It's trends like this that make me happy I was born before the 90s - I have so many mules in my closet that can now see the light of day.

KG* Kurt Geiger Mules

Stilettos - I've always been more of chunky heel kind of gal (less likely to break your ankles) but Prada's Cadillac Stilettos have me wanting to dice with death.



And, of course, spring would not be complete without floral patterns, courtesy of Christopher Kane (S/S 2012):





And now it's my turn:


 Shiny, flowery, sparkly jewellery!

The ring I'm wearing is probably the prettiest knuckle duster you'll ever see, it's also the fiercest - those sharp points will take your eye out.

Lavender Bows


Mirror, Mirror on the wall.  Who has the cutest lavender shoes of them all?...Er...ME!


No comments:

Post a Comment