Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Cheerleader Look #8 - Books are fun when wearing Heels

Off to the Library I went on Sunday morning.  Full of the best academic intentions...however, after 2 hours...I had lost all of my scholarly zeal!  It wasn't due to a lack of enthusiasm for my subjects (except Ecology...it is just a silly subject) but down to the fact that they switch the heating off during the weekend and the whole Department freezes!  Yes, the place gets soooo cold even when we're experiencing these tropical temperatures of +13°C.  And my attire, as fabulous as it is, is not suitable for such sub-zero situations.  To be honest, it's not really suitable for educational situations, but middle finger up to the rules and regs of academia...!!!





Feather & Pearl Vintage Headband by Mary Jane Millinery

And of course, lest us not forget the all important manicure...




I have named this "The Inverse French Barbie".  That is, it is the inverse of the usual french manicure, where the tips are painted pink (Miami by Mavala).  For me, this shade of pink is too perfect for words...I've spent far too long admiring my nails.  Sometimes, my nails are so distracting, I forget to take my pencil case to lectures and am forced to improvise with liquid eyeliner...suffice to say I do not get very far in note taking!

Life Style Choices

Life Style Choice
The pictures above capture a lecture on life style choices (within the context of medicine).  I'm sure if you've ever had the pleasure of reading this blog, you know mine are clear:

  Look fabulous
  Think fabulous
  Talk fabulous
  Be fabulous

Very straight forward indeed.  But they did not come to me naturally.  I learnt them from my one of my role models - Elle Woods - the woman who proves that cheerleader looks in academia should be de rigueur!

Elle Woods - Legally Blonde 1 & 2
 
Perhaps, I should rename my manicure in honour of her?  Mmm...but anyway, she proves that you can combine style with intelligence and lots and lots of pink.  So, my fellow students, what are you waiting for?  Stop with those hoodies, badly fitting jeans, and trainers and embrace the inner fashionably fabulous you!

Here is the most perfectly pink heroine to exist! We salute you!


No comments:

Post a Comment