Search This Blog

Thursday 5 July 2012

So Haute Right Now

Paris Couture Week A/W 2012 is upon us...or is it 2013?  Fashion dates are confusing - they seem to always be in the future yet designers are constantly looking back in history for inspiration! Backwards!

But regardless of the year, I like nothing better than looking over endless beautiful pictures of mind-blowing fashion being modeled by stunners like Karlie Kloss in some of the most opulent Parisian buildings.
Karlie Kloss for Atelier Versace Couture - The 1st Versace Couture show in 8 years
Alas it will forever be "look, don't touch" as the prices of Haute Couture are so out of my league I think their orbiting another galaxy.  I read somewhere that only about a handful of 100 or so women actually purchase couture.  As it is not something that you can just pick up off the shop shelf - RTW is not applicable (FYI ready to wear).

But if I was in possession of a bottomless bank account, this is what I would request...

Zahia Dehar (Prostitute turned Fashion Designer) Lingerie:


Some of the head wear from Armani Prive and Giambattista Valli:

Armani Prive
Giambattista Valli
Giambattista Valli
And like many others, I salute Raf Simons' first collection for Dior since Galliano's disgraceful exit - give me dresses with super slim waists and floral bustiers:

Christian Dior

Christian Dior
What I'm not interested in at all is which bastards attend which shows.  I couldn't care less if Alexa "skinny indie chick" Chung attends, I don't care where she's sitting and what she's wearing...it's probably boring and grey...that girl needs to liven up her colour palate.  I mean the first google search for Couture Week Paris A/W 2013 returned pictures of Kanye West and the vacuous Kim Kardashian.  An example of more Sh*t Google Says.  And an example of the press focusing on the unimportant issues - it's Couture Week people not "Spot Pointless Celebrities Sitting at the Front Row Week" - yawn, yawn, yawn...

However, there is still more to come throughout the week...looks like it's going to be a good one ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment