Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Multicoloured Haze All Around...Part II

The Summer may be showing nothing but contempt for us British folk.  While this rain is making all the plants very happy little sessile organisms - the grass is greener than ever and flowers are in full fertile blossoming mode - we are trapped inside, unable to enjoy the outdoors, missing all the beautiful scents and colours.  So, on a rather tempestuous day I decided that I shall bring the colour inside by painting my nails, dyeing my hair and painting my lips a random mix of colours.

Lavender Dip-Dye Hair - Shoreditch Bitch Style:

Don't be fooled by the camera - it was indeed raining outside...
Purple tips & purple lips:

YSL goth purple

Pretty Pink Kisses...Mwah Mwah Dahling:

God, I love posing for the camera...
And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Nail Time:

This nail art is inspired by some of beautiful Hindi (Bollywood) films from the 1960s.


It's so much easier to work on nails that are not mine - the index and middle finger falsies are shown.


And I thought I should include some clips below featuring the exquisite beauty Madhubala - a huge Bollywood star during the 50s and 60s.

Madhubala
An absolute icon, who tragically died at the age of 36 as a result of complications arising from a congenital heart disorder.  I have recently been obsessed with her performance in the epic Mughal-e-azam (Eng: The Greatest of the Mughals).


The film was originally released in black and white.  And while the story, acting and cinematography are all captivating, it is something else with colour.  The colours are so intense.  Indeed it was the director, K. Asif's intention for the film to be released in colour.  Unfortunately that was not possible in his lifetime with techni-color being added later.  There is a beautiful dedication to K. Asif at the start of the film.

...
...Captivating...
...I love it!...

No comments:

Post a Comment