Search This Blog

Monday 8 August 2011

A Slice of Inspiration...

The Month of August - Hot Sunshine (and Cold Rain), The Harvest, Cider, Summer Holidays, Picnics, Festivals, the next fashion season...And a Lack of Inspiration!  There is so much to enjoy this month - International Beer Day anyone (5/08), but my brain seems to be experiencing a period of hibernation - stagnation - perhaps the Zombies did actually eat my brain?  So how does one solve such a dilemma?  Jazz, Magazines and Wine are my only options. Oh, and maybe cake?

Jazz music not included


Having flicked through all the magazines (we all know we only buy them for the nice pictures!), they are abuzz with A/W 2011/12, so I could do a round-up of all the top trends but I'd suggest buying this month's Vogue - Lots of pretty pictures in DVD format.  However, I would like to highlight one designer, or rather milliner, that is beyond brilliant, total bleeding genius - Piers Atkinson.  I've chosen some of his past and present creations below that I absolutely adore!  Any takers for a 24ct Gold Fez?  Too mad for the Mad hatter?

Even with the lack of motivation/inspiration/brain I have been snapping like a "Japanese Tourist in Cambridge" - catching anything related to fashion, wine, cakey-bakeyness, flowers, and sillyness on my various digital devices.


What I have caught - Cambridge Folk Festival, Leicestershire, Baking, Cider Drinking, and Country Walks and inappropriate footwear.  I ask you one question, who is wearing the more sensible walking shoes?

Leicestershire has some beautiful countryside - regardless of blisters (fashion-induced) I thoroughly enjoyed them and I had the privilege to see the World's Largest Beer Mug.  I wonder where the World's Largest Wine Glass is?  Probably in one of my handbags!



I hope you have enjoyed the rambling, pretty pictures of all that August has to offer, so far - be it rain-free or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment